Dean and director of the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources (CAHNR) Indrajeet Chaubey received the John Deere Gold Medal from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers for lifetime achievement in his field.
More Awards & Honors
- Assistant Extension Professor in the Department of Natural Resources and the Environment, Laura Cisneros, was named a CEE-Change Fellow through the North American Association of Environmental Education.
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Natural Resources and the Environment Zhe Zhu was appointed as an author for the Land Cover & Land Use Change chapter of the Fifth National Climate Assessment (NCA5).
- Associate Professor of Kinesiology Elaine Choung-Hee Lee was named Associate Editor of the academic journal, Physiological Genomics. She will head a new section called "Translational -omics and Network Physiology."
- Professor Emerita of Pathobiology and Veterinary Sciences Joan Smyth was named a Fellow of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons for "Meritorious Contributions to Knowledge."
- Graduate student in the Department of Natural Resources and the Environment, Nellie Amosi, received an International Peace Scholarship from P.E.O.
- Professor of Agricultural & Resource Economics, Rigoberto Lopez, received the AAEA Health Economics Section Best Paper for his publication, Medicaid expansion and non-alcoholic beverage choices by low-income households.
- Assistant Professor of Allied Health Sciences, Roman Shrestha, was named an a Gilead Research Scholar for his work on HIV
- A team from the Departments of Kinesiology and Allied Health Sciences received the Outstanding Abstract Award from the ACSM Pregnancy and Postpartum Special Interest Group. The team included Lauren R. Rudin, Leslie Dunn, Kaitlyn Lyons, Jill Livingston, Molly E. Waring, and Linda S. Pescatello
- University of Connecticut selected to receive 2021 Staff ESC Award of Excellence in Engaged Scholarship for Connecting Citizens to GMO Science Through Communications
- Ankit Singh, a graduate student in Natural Resources and the Environment was named a 2021 HortScholar