Professor of Allied Health Sciences Tricia Leahey was recently appointment as interim Director of the Institute for Collaboration on Health, Intervention, and Policy (InCHIP). Dr. Leahey is a renowned expert in the field of behavioral interventions for weight loss and weight loss maintenance. She will assume her new role on August 23.
Allied Health Sciences professor Ellen Shanley began her year-long term on June 1 as the 2022-2023 President of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals.
Cooksey Stowers has helped create more equitable food systems in Hartford and beyond, through community-based participatory research in the North Harford Promise Zone and the communication of her findings to both scientific and lay audiences.
In addition to his outstanding service record, Silbart has a sound reputation as an excellent, caring educator, receiving multiple awards for teaching and mentorship. He is an internationally recognized scholar in the domain of immunology and mucosal vaccine/adjuvant development.
Evaluations for promotion, tenure, and reappointment apply the highest standards of professional achievement in scholarship, teaching, and service for each faculty member evaluated. Several CAHNR faculty members made the cut.
The oldest graduate fellowship of its kind, the NSF-GRFP recognizes and supports outstanding students in NSF-supported disciplines who are pursuing research-based master’s and doctoral degrees.
Dr. Sohyun Park, assistant professor of landscape architecture, was named the 2022 recipient of the Excellence in Service Learning Award from the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture (CELA). She was selected out of a national competition of her peers for her dedication to inspiring students in the field of landscape architecture.
The University of Connecticut established the UConn Spirit Awards to honor staff and faculty at our Storrs and regional campuses for stellar contributions and dedication to civility in the workplace.
Associate Professor of Nutritional Sciences Dr. Yangchao Luo and Assistant Professor of Remote Sensing (NRE) were named to the 2021 list of the world's most highly cited researchers. The list identifies scientists who produced multiple papers ranking in the top 1%, demonstrating significant research influence among their peers.
More Awards & Honors
- Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards were given by the ACE to Joseph Bonelli, Kara Bonsack, Cristina Connolly, Jennifer Cushman, Sharon Gray, Jenifer Nadeau, Michael Puglisi, Stacey Stearns, and Cindy Tian for works related to research communications.
- Steve Zinn, named the King Visiting Scholar for 2022 for the University of Arkansas's Department of Animal Science.
- Margaret Morrissey, PhD student in Kinesiology and President of the National Heat Safety Coalition, was named secretary of a newly formed thermal working group at AIHA (American Industrial Hygienist Association).
- Graduate students from the Department of Animal Science Nicole Tillquist and Mia Kawaida received the American Society of Animal Science H. Allen Tucker Graduate Student Travel Scholarship
- Ankit Singh, a graduate student in Natural Resources and the Environment was selected as a recipient of the 2021-2022 Timothy S. and Palmer W. Bigelow, Jr. Scholarship.
- ARE's Soojung Ahn & Sandro Steinbach awarded 2021 Award for Excellence in Research and Communication from the Food Distribution Research Society for their article "COVID-19 Trade Actions in the Agricultural and Food Sector"
- Assistant Extension Professor in the Department of Natural Resources and the Environment, Laura Cisneros, was named a CEE-Change Fellow through the North American Association of Environmental Education.
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Natural Resources and the Environment Zhe Zhu was appointed as an author for the Land Cover & Land Use Change chapter of the Fifth National Climate Assessment (NCA5).
- Associate Professor of Kinesiology Elaine Choung-Hee Lee was named Associate Editor of the academic journal, Physiological Genomics. She will head a new section called "Translational -omics and Network Physiology."