Programs delivered by Extension reach individuals, communities, and businesses in each of Connecticut's 169 municipalities.
Extension programs address the full range of issues set forth in CAHNR's strategic initiatives:
- Ensuring a vibrant and sustainable agricultural industry and food supply
- Enhancing health and well-being locally, nationally, and globally
- Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion through anti-racist approaches
- Advancing adaptation and resilience in a changing climate
- Fostering sustainable landscapes across urban-rural interfaces
We are identifying and dismantling structural racism in CAHNR Extension programs, policies, and practices, and fostering environments that advance racial equity, inclusion, and belonging by advocating for antiracist policies, practices, and norms.
View Programs by Strategic Initiative
Extension programs advance innovative and sustainable agricultural methods to help expand production of a safe and abundant local food supply. We work with farmers from urban and rural areas, on land and sea.
We are developing environmentally aware citizens that participate in sustainable, healthy lifestyles, and improving our landscapes statewide in collaboration with partners, stakeholders, and community members.